Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello

thanks for the advice... Well, is D. regia a slow grower in nature? Mine seem to be growing... but very very very slowly... in fact i could see the 2nd new leave growing, but it seem to grow very slowly in size... almost looks like the leaves are not unfolding... i occasionally "feel" the plant to ensure there is no rotting taking place.

What conditions did u give to your plant when u first got it to adapt and grow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    Has anyone had any luck growing these in terrariums under grow lights? I have three 40 watt bulbs over a 20L tank. The back of the tank is left open to a window where three or four hours of direct sun comes in (but doesnt directly hit the regia). Humidty 40-60% temperature 60 at night 80 day.

Let me know
    jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, and i have a fan outside the tank circulating the air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Captotterboy @ Sep. 06 2005,9:02)]Hey,
    Has anyone had any luck growing these in terrariums under grow lights? I have three 40 watt bulbs over a 20L tank. The back of the tank is left open to a window where three or four hours of direct sun comes in (but doesnt directly hit the regia). Humidty 40-60% temperature 60 at night 80 day.

Let me know
    jeff
    I have, years ago. And I also propagated them with root cuttings horizontally(just barely covered).
    My plant was from seed, and oddly, they all turned brown and died about two years later(they were in two different locations{houses} so it was not a pathogen of some kind) . They go dormant in Nature, but I did not know that at the time. I suspect they would have liked to have done so.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first got the plant, I put it in a place where it could recover from shipping, in bright light but no direct sunlight. I transplanted it into an 11 inch pot of pure chopped long fibered sphagnum. I left it in bright light for a week or two and slowly hardened it off to sunlight. Since the sun hasn't been shining in my windows for the summer, it has been in bright shade once again but still growing fairly well. Now the sun is hitting it again, and it seems to be really taking off with growth. It has put out about 5 new leaves in the last couple of weeks, along with the new plantlet.
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12