Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a D. regia a while ago, and it seems pretty healthy. It's leaves aren't quite as long as it was when I first got it, but they are getting back there. The other day, I noticed another plantlet shooting up out of the long fibered sphagnum! This is the first regia I have ever had, so I'm happy it's doing well! Thanks to everyone who gave me tips when I was getting it! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, Joel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel great for you, congrats!! i have heard that i you pluck or pull off the main growing piont i will grow off shoots, the result is a bushy and dewy plant, well good luck
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,

i just got 2 D. regias... 1 apparently look really dead... But i just lay the roots horizontally in the soil, hoping something will sprout in a few weeks time.

I have another plant, looks not too bad, however when it arrived here... the leaves were bruised and rotting, i snipped off all the rotting leaves leaving 2 mature leaves available and there's another leave which is a growing leave. It looks pretty bad in shape. Anyone can advice me what to do?

Oh yeah, i live in Singapore, a hot tropical climate. Currently, i'm placing a plastic transparent dome over the pot, in my air-conditioned room. I've sprinkled very dilute fish emulsion and sprayed some light fungicide on the plant. The plant is now under some weak light in my room. Any other tips on the "dos and don'ts" of the plant and how to do "CPR" to revive the plant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do believe the roots should be set vertically in order to strike roots, or so 'tis said - I have had little experience with this but you might want to ask about.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clayton, what media are your plants in? Mine are growing in pure chopped long fibered sphagnum and seems to be pretty happy there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm currently using 1 part perlite to 1 part peat moss... and i'm putting a dome over the plant... would it be too humid for the plant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be too humid for it. Humidity is often looked at as such an important factor for growth, when most of the time it really isn't an issue. If you are using the tray method for watering, that is plenty of humidity right there.

Probably the biggest factor for growth is light. Mine sits in the windowsill where it gets plenty of light. If you haven't been giving it direct sunlight and you are going to start, you have to slowly let it adapt to it. Don't just put it in the direct sun right away and leave it. You have to start it off slow. Give it a half hour of sun one day, an hour the next day, and so on.

I think I have read of some who don't give the regia direct sunlight, but bright shade and that has worked well for them.

Best of luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast