What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any guesses?

mabudon

Metal King
I got some D.binata complex roots a while back from a member here (thanks yet again, they are looking totally beautiful) and have been straining to figure out all the "bonus" stuff that seems to have come with them (mostly Utrics, most now identified)

BUT there is a mystery Drosera now in the mix...
It started out looking a LOT like D.rotundifolia... THEN the leaves got sorta kidney shaped, and it grew like that for a while... but NOW it has a thing that looks pretty much like what the new tentacles of D.binata look like, sort of long and upright, with the little "fists" at the end and uncurling straight up.... I am hoping that it is some form of tuberous erect sundew, but I am totally clueless as to what it is... if it wasn't so young I would have suspected it to be a flower stalk, but it is definitely a leaf of some new sort.
Any ideas???

I couldn't tell ya....but a picture would sure help if you could find a digital camera.

It could be a D.binata? I had a D.binata cutting that looked like kidney-shaped leaves for a few weeks, then it started slowly developing forked leaves.

A picture would help.

Jerry

Ahh nuts

Sory about not being able to get a pic- I only have a crummy webcam and it is pretty much no good for taking pics
Thanks for your input, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear !

Back