User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Propagation of d. binata from floral stalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some time ago, I had good success with propagating D. binata (multifida extrema) from the floral stalk. Just cut it into 1" segments, float in distilled water, keep covered and well-lit.

It took a couple months to see any activity, but once buds formed, I transferred the stalk fragments to wet peat, and new plants practically exploded from the stalks.

I also tried putting the stalk fragments directly into wet peat, but that was unsuccessful.

Anyway, I just started a new batch yesterday. When new buds form on them, i will make them available to PFT members.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love an experiment! Bon chance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 06 2005,12:13)]Gotta love an experiment! Bon chance!
    Oh, this is beyond experiment. I know this propagation method works. I am just giving a heads-up that i will have plantlets available for interested parties in 2-3 months.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking