What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. oblanceolata

I don't have a lot of experience growing dews, so bear with me if this happens to everyone. As you can see in picture, one plant grows normally while the other plant has all its tenticles tucked in. Anyone know what's causing this?

doblaceolata.jpg

Thanks,
Peter

They usually have them tucked in when they are new heads, or when they catch prey. Paradoxa looks a lot like that when it has a new head or caught some prey.

Peter,

Sometimes the tentacle thing happens at odd times. I have had sundews where literally every tentacle was bent in and no rhyme or reason to it. It usually spelled trouble. My thoughts at the time was there must have been some sort of radicle mineral exposure from the mix, but I never really got to the bottom of it. Other growers have had it happen to them too. I would consider going to bare root and repot in fresh mix, usually plants so affected keeled on me.

You sure thats D. oblanceolata?

Thanks Tamlin. I'll try repotting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You sure thats D. oblanceolata?

Didn't I say I have little experience with these things? I'm just going by the label
biggrin.gif

Peter

Never mind, the wierd plant suddenly switched back to normal before I had a chance to repot.
confused.gif

Peter

IT knew!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

That looks nothing like the oblanceolata I had. You might want to investigate that.

Cute lil' things though.
smile.gif

Suzanne, funny you should say that. I received plantlets from someone and they looked like baby pings, as opposed to a rosetted sundew. But, what do I know?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back