What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring in the nep house

Hi gang,

It's been a while!

I hope you are all growing with great success.

Thought I'd throw out a few shots of the Nep House just starting to get going for spring.

GlasshousRearLeft.jpg

GlasshousRearRight.jpg

GlasshousFrontRight.jpg

GlasshousFrontLeft.jpg

As you can see it's turning into a bit of a jungle and plans are in the works for a new bigger house. Certainly something with a lot more height so that the vines have somewhere to go.

Talking of vines, a few have started to throw out some nice uppers:

All green form of N. maxima:
MaximaGreenUpper.jpg

N. xAllardii
AlladiiUpper.jpg

Also have this unknown Nep. My guess is a hybrid between N. maxima and N. thorellii (though the pink throat is more like the locally available N. sanguinea), but I'd be open to any other suggestions. Being that it is from one of the local mass-producers, its not likely to have anything exotic in it.

Hybrid3.jpg

Hybrid2.jpg

Hybrid1.jpg

AJ

Looking great!

Whats the vining plant with the really long internodal sections? Kinda looks like an albomarginata.

Spot on Jess.

Green form of N. albomarginata (old photo):
NAlboPitcherFront.jpg

I am hoping it'll try to flower this year.

The vine shot up to that height in about 12 months, then stopped growing for some unknown reason. About 6 months ago it started growing again, but with 7x side shoots. 3x from near the base (above grounfd level) and the rest from up along the main vine.

Very tough and easy growing form.

AJ.

Wow!

*jaw drops open*

Crikey, that's a lot of nice lookin' neps you got there! Keep up the good work, and don't forget to keep us posted.
smile_m_32.gif

Hi Aaron,

many thanks for sharing the pictures of your nice setup!

Cheers Joachim

i think i may wanna copy your table or rack that you have the nepenthes on! looks great and simple. i may wanna buildone for the nepenthe that i have outside. right now i have them in a table that we dont use anymore.
GlasshousFrontLeft.jpg

Back