What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hookeriana - how many different varieties?

I've decided to specialize in hookerianas. Meaning that I'll still collect everything else, too, of course, but I'll try to get my peaty paws on as many different hookeriana clones as possible.

So far I have three different ones, and my eyes on two others.

How many varieties/clones/cultivars are there/do you know of?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

Hans

Hans,
I don't think there's anything official or given any cultivar names, but there are many forms of hookeriana around. I like 'em too. We only have four different forms: a red peristome with spotted pitcher, solid red, and the two different Malesiana clones. They can be difficult find.

Thanks as always, Trent!

I tried to find the two Malesia clones on their website, but can't find any hookerianas there at all. Am I missing something?

H

They may be discontinued now, I haven't seen them on the list for a few months.

One is a cream greenish color with sparse reddish spotting and a few stripes on the peristome. The other is a similar color, but more heavily spotted. Sometimes the background color can look more green than cream, but will vary from pitcher to pitcher. The peristome is a cream color with heavy stripes.

Thanks, Trent!

I think I have those two...

Here's a compilation of all different hookeriana variations I could find (all from Bob Z's PhotoFinder).

I just LOVE that tricolor!

HI,
those are wonderful hookerianas.
Regarding flowering, does this plant require as long a time as ampullaria does? or does it flower quickly like rafflesiana?
Thanks

Our red peristome form has a vine over two meters tall, and ground shoot vines approaching one meter, and still no flowers! If this is any indication...

Hi Trent,

Do you have pics of those 2 clone of N. x hookeriana from Malesiana?
smile.gif

Back