What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tankful

• Thread starter srduggins
  • Start date
Recently finished my new display case for Neps. It is outdoors under shade cloth with a little early/late direct sun.
It measures 60" x 20" x 26"
398tank11.JPG

398tank_1.JPG

398tank_2.jpg

There is still room for a few more
smile.gif

Looks good to me!Nice setup!

Jerry

Very nice! I might have to steal your design. What are you using for the sides - is that glass or plastic? Did you build that frame yourself?
~Joe

My DW found a free used bakers display case, (glass sides). The bottom was a little water damaged so I pulled up some of the thin wood and layed leftover linoleum down. I used 20" plastic pot trays with plastic egg crate, (check the fluorescent lighting cover section at Home Depot), over it to add a little humidity. A cracked finish fluorescent lighting cover sheet with 1"x2" wood liquid nailed to the edge for stiffness over the top. Total cost, about $30.

Funny that you asked i know the whole story on how he built it but he's gonna have to tell you!
smile_m_32.gif

actually today in the morning i payed a visit to him because i had to drop off some medium that he placed with me. then i saw this set up and my gosh it was nice. i was suprise that steve actually cleand his yard a little!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

steve, i knew you couldnt resist posting this! well i have to say that this is a good set up! i really dont think you could fit all thoes hybrid in there if you find more of them on tony's site.

you outdone yourself steve! very nice!!!!
smile_m_32.gif

Wow! That's really a great way to go about it. I must stay on the lookout for old bakery displays...

-D. Lybrand

make sure to post the "other" tank that you have steve.
cool.gif

My wife found this for me. Another freebie! Must be 150 gallons. Measures 5' x 20" x 22"
398tank_two2.JPG

398tank_two_1.JPG

How does your wife find all these things? In case it's some kind of genetic predisposition, does she have a twin who'd be interested in moving east?

Wow BEAUTIFUL setups for your awsome looking plants.. My oldest daughter just picked up a 50gal tank complete with nice wood stand and lighted canopy that someone thru out by the side of the road for the garbage men to pick up she stoped asked if she could have it and they said yup, she took it home was gona use it for a reptile vivarium and put water in it to check it for leaks and sure enough no leaks and now has it set up for her fish. It looks awsome.. You can find things like that all over the place. I had 3 40gal long tanks with pre drilled tiny air holes along the top side in one line that probably could have made some nice terrariums for someone, i didnt need um anymore so i just gave them away.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 22 2005,7:39)]In case it's some kind of genetic predisposition, does she have a twin who'd be interested in moving east?
laugh.gif

She already has a sister who lives in Boston. Too bad, she's married too. Check out www.freecycle.org, lots of free stuff, if you're quick enough - its her new hobby.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]She already has a sister who lives in Boston. Too bad, she's married too. Check out www.freecycle.org, lots of free stuff, if you're quick enough - its her new hobby.

You mean I can get a wife for free from there?!
smile_n_32.gif

No he means that there is where Srduggins came from
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Oct. 23 2005,3:26)]No he means that there is where Srduggins came from  
smile_m_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif
!

Well, I mean.. you know what I mean. If my wife starts reading this, she might send me to freecycle!

Back