What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All in the family- baby pics

Schloaty inspired us to post these.  

Baby Grace enjoys Nepenthes too.  Considering the fact that both her parents are Nep nuts, it's only natural for her to be a future addict/enthusiast.  

Grace demands to do her research and studies.  When Michelle and I are referencing Nepenthes books, she wants to get in on the action too.

Grace%20reading%20Neps%20of%20Sumatra%209-19-05.JPG

Charles Clarke's books are her favorites.

Grace%20reading%20Neps%20of%20Sumatra%20no.1%209-19-05.JPG

Though she's only seven months old, you can see the question in her eyes "is this highland?"
Grace%20reading%20Neps%20of%20Sumatra%20no.2%209-19-05.JPG

Observing N. sumatrana in native habitat, she asks "When will ours get this big?"
Grace%20reading%20Neps%20of%20Sumatra%20no.8%209-19-05.JPG

Grace also enjoys "reading" Nepenthes of Borneo.  She agrees that if you are into Neps, you MUST have both of Clarke's books.
Grace%20reading%20Neps%20of%20Borneo%208-27-05%20no.1.JPG

Now she wants a black albomarginata.
Grace%20reading%20Neps%20of%20Borneo%208-27-05%20no.2.JPG

Pitcher Plants of Borneo is also a great read.
Grace%20reading%208-28-05%20no.3.JPG

Grace%20reading%208-28-05%20no.1.JPG

There's nothing like kicking back with the pacifier and a back issue of the CPN.
Grace%20reading%20the%20CPN%207-21-05.JPG

Yes, we know that we're sick.

_
Trent and Michelle
proud parents of the youngest Nepenthephile
(and she likes Sarracenia too)

Trent, Its hard to know if she likes sarracenia or not when all you see are books on Nepenthes. I reserve judgement until I see a sarracenia book in those tiny mitts! (Your little one is almost as cute as me!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Oct. 02 2005,10:28)]Trent, Its hard to know if she likes sarracenia or not when all you see are books on Nepenthes. I reserve judgement until I see a sarracenia book in those tiny mitts! (Your little one is almost as cute as me!)
"Almost as cute as you"? I sense a typing error there Bug!
smile_m_32.gif

That's very sweet you guys, I didn't know you had any other babies besides...well besides...you know...

Bugweed,
She does more than just read Sarracenia books...

This morning Grace inspected the S. leucophylla bench.
Grace%20looking%20at%20Sarracenia%2010-2-05.JPG

Grace%20looking%20at%20Sarracenia%2010-2-05%20no.1.JPG

Grace smiles from the S. leucophylla bench.

OK!! OK!! So she IS cuter than me! (Barely!) Thanks for those pics, Trent. Now I know she is not only a Nepoholic.

Ahahaha, posing babies is so much fun; back when I took photography classes I never dealt with models older than two because people who can talk are such a pain. She's adorable. That third pic is really classic; I love the expression.
Enjoy it while you can, Trent - this is the only age when you'll be able to make them cute.
~Joe

Kirk! Now there's a man with taste!

It won't be too long before she's plunking bugs into the pitchers.  Then she'll move on to leaf cuttings and soil formulas.  She'll be tissue culturing by the time she's 5.  

Brian

Brian, lol!!
I hope so! Her deft little hands and sharp eyes will be perfect for flasking and tc work.
Actually, she is showing signs of high intelligence. I know, I'm behaving like a proud dad....so what's wrong with that!
Credit must go to Michelle for the photography. Posing the shots is easy...Grace really does like looking at the books and she really examines those Sarr pitchers, but Michelle really has the knack for getting the right expression in the pics.
Thanks for the comments, gang.

Back