User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nepenthes miranda from cuttings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I recently bought my first Nepenthes Miranda plant at a local flea market. what a cool plant it is! It appears to be doing well, new pitchers opening up and new tendrils growing. Little green trees frogs have taken to using the pitchers as hammocks. I like this planet so much (I call it my "Triffid") that I would like to try to grow another from a cutting but I havent a clue how to start the starts. What part of the plant do I clip? a leaf? a tendril? what is the best growing medium? and should I dip the cutting in that "grow start" stuff? any info would be appreciated but please keep the info simple. I'm new to this kind of plant. THANKS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    read that...U dont have to put it in rooting hormone though

http://www.exoticplantsplus.com/NPropTour.htm
    Need all the experience I can get...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nebtet and welcome to the forums! Here is another link to a how to discussion for taking Nep cuttings. Also, in a book called Carnivorous Plants of the World, by James & Patricia Pietropaolo, there is a pictoral illustration of how to take cuttings. I bought my copy through Borders Bookstore, but a local library could also bring one in for you.