What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car and nepenthes

hi there gang.  not to weird of a topic.  i myself have a car project thats under way, slower than a rajah or a lowii 2" to maturity it seems.
laugh.gif

i just spent about a fair amount on rims and tire, some $1060.00 altogether.  motegi racing rims with nexen tires.  now imagine what i coulda spent with that money?! any idea guys/gals?
for me it seems hard to do both but like some people here on the forums, somehow they make it happen.  sometimes when i spend about 150.00 for plants, i think maybe i should get exhaust for my car or another upgrade.  are there any people like this too?  i know copcarfc is one.
now when i mean cars i mean thoes that waste gas, not like thoes hybrid or prius that are around.
smile_n_32.gif

I doubt there is anyone else here who cares about cars. Everyone else prolly just drives around in their Civic or Explorer and could care less how it looks or performs. I have yet to come across anyone (besides FC) that is into cars and plants.

By the way I am building a Rotor pot to plant VFT's in. It will be a real Rotor with soil and a VFT growing out of the center
smile.gif
it's gonna look awsome.

-Rail

Im also into cars, I have a old mini cooper that im going to restore til my 18th birthday, I have already put a V8 in it instead of the original motor, it does about 250 km/h now  
smile_n_32.gif

BTW my grandpa has done something more on it that I dont know :S

A good-looking car is nice, but it can get expensive. You can buy a lot of Nepenthes with that "disposable income".
Must admit I'm a gear head of a different sorts. Guitars. Nice guitars. Expensive guitars. I've played in bands probly longer than alot of you here have been alive! Thank god I've got Michelle now to keep me on a tight leash. Must...(choke)..have a ..(choke sputter)..Custom shop Stratocaster!

hey my dad has a Stratocaster. maybe you can teach him to play it lol.

I have been known to spend money on.....

non-carnivorous plants!!!!, and I'm not just talking about orchids and aroids, (although those do apply).

lol ive got about $6,000-$7,000 replacement cost worth of firearms which really isnt much. another several hundred into Dart frogs and Mantellas. a few hundred into precious and semi precious stones both raw and cut. my Jeep Cherokee is worth about $3,000 and my Impala about $13,000. as far as these go with the exception of depreciation on my vehicles each group gets added on to at various rates depending on my particular interest in a given month and what sorts of deals i run into.

as far as Nepenthes ive probly got $300-$500 if i were to try and replace them today.

I hate working on cars. I really hate bending over the hood of a car. But give me a motorcycle and stand back. 2 words....Harley Davidson. Yes,I built my own chopper years ago before the TV shows ever existed. I am getting ready to get another one
smile_m_32.gif

I have a '92 Miata that is pure joy to drive, but needs some cosmetic work. I've been thinking of painting it VFT green and putting in a bright red leather interior, but I can't figure out how to do the teeth and trigger hairs. Maybe instead a creamy-greenish with red mottling like a giant N. rafflesiana...

Ah, hell, I'll just forget it and buy another huge box of plants instead.

---------------
Savings account? What's that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (WalterG @ Oct. 04 2005,7:58)]I have a '92 Miata that is pure joy to drive, but needs some cosmetic work.  I've been thinking of painting it VFT green and putting in a bright red leather interior, but I can't figure out how to do the teeth and trigger hairs.  Maybe instead a creamy-greenish with red mottling like a giant N. rafflesiana...

Ah, hell, I'll just forget it and buy another huge box of plants instead.

---------------
Savings account?  What's that?
The first thing I thought when I read that was "Man that would make a cool rotary swap" I need help.

-Rail

Yeah, cars. I have a 1967 Sunbeam Tiger and an Aprillia Pegasso 650. MMMMMM. Fun.

Capslock

yes cars,

My e30 is taen apart for turbo'ing. I purchased my car for 700 bux, I've spent 17,000 so far restoring and modding it. I haev receipts to back that up too
biggrin.gif
I beat you santos, my rims were 1500 without tires, the tires were another 500 pirellis are fun
smile_n_32.gif

yeah you did but for the money they are nice. you saw them jess! funny thing is that they are light for me becase when i hit a bump, i feel the tire not making contact with the ground. sometimes it scares me because my car sways side-to-side sometimes when that happens. over all the tires them selves although cheap @ around 79.00 per tire and have very good traction. i tell you because on the freeways when im driving then get on a offramp the speed limit to take that off ramp is about 25mph and i hit about 50mph on a 97 chevy malibu. anyone street races?
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Oct. 05 2005,12:07)]I doubt there is anyone else here who cares about cars.  Everyone else prolly just drives around in their Civic or Explorer and could care less how it looks or performs.  I have yet to come across anyone (besides FC) that is into cars and plants.

By the way I am building a Rotor pot to plant VFT's in.  It will be a real Rotor with soil and a VFT growing out of the center
smile.gif
it's gonna look awsome.

-Rail
well FSTP is another so dont leave him out. another good friend, jess, he is!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Oct. 05 2005,12:20)]Im also into cars, I have a old mini cooper that im going to restore til my 18th birthday, I have already put a V8 in it instead of the original motor, it does about 250 km/h now  
smile_n_32.gif

BTW my grandpa has done something more on it that I dont know :S
your gonna make it into rally?

I thought mini-coopers were a relatively new make of car? So how "old" is old??

I like my Jeep Cherokee just fine. It hauls plants, mulch and old furniture and stuff.

However, if I won the lottery I might get me mini-cooper or bug to play with (ummm...that is NOT you, Bugweed!!
smile_n_32.gif
). And definitely I'd get the classic Thunderbird I just saw recently...only classic car I've ever really wanted to own! Man is it a beauty!! Made my heart skip a beat and I don't really care a fig about cars other than for utility work. *sigh* I want that car so bad...

the mini cooper he is refering to is probly not teh BMW produced one you're thinking of but rather the old 60's original

2.jpg

as a side note, shouldn't this be moved to the general discussion?

Boyohboy. A Mini with a V8? You're insane!
smile_n_32.gif

Ok, I knew cars cost cheap in the US but not that cheap!! Why I could buy one off the shelf with 3 months of allowance!
smile.gif
I tell you, a simple car like the camry cost no less than 100k in singapore.
confused.gif
If you're complaining about taxes, think about that...

Back