when a pitcher catches many many bugs theres a chance that some fungus or mold may grow. do you just scoop it out?
If my pitchers catch a whole lot of insects, enough to cause mold or fungus, they usually rot. I clip 'em, not scoop 'em.
well if the pitcher is big enough and wide enough to fit a spoon then could you scoop out the floating what ever it is? or will it rot still?
Taking out the dead material will likely save the pitcher if it hasn't begun to rot yet.
Shake it, drown the moldy stuff in the digestive acids, thats alot more benefical.
Nepenthes - hail to royalty
I never thought of that...