Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanging basket disaster

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week I had a bit of a disaster with my hanging baskets. I have 4 of them, and they arranged so that one is hanging from another, while 3 can hang from the outside kitchen window. Below them are the 2 minibogs. I water the Neps and the water that drains from them goes into the minibogs. But last week I came home from work and found that the two that were hanging from each other collapsed and I had one sitting atop of a minibog, squishing the D. binata & filiformis, while the other were overturned. I totally couldn't find a cocchinea cutting and the sanguinea was so bad off that I tossed it. All these weeks of being arranged like this, nothing happened. Hmmmm......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean that the cocchinea was missing? Or just that you couldn't find a healthy section to make a cutting of? If it is the former, then yeah, someone definately stole your plants. If the latter, possibly animals.

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plant is MIA. It's not like it could have travelled far on its own, or that I couldn't find it in the media, either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost certainly foul play, I think. You just grow 'em on your front porch in view of the road? Some greedy person probably couldn't figure out how to unhook the baskets and ruined your setup. When they couldn't get the cocchinea basket unhooked, they just took the cutting and ran. At least, that's my guess.

-D. Lybrand, Private Eye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squirrels cause a lot of mayhem this time of year and that's the kind of thing they do. The solution is Brunswick Stew.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, but theft is so much more interesting! Although this Brunswick Stew you speak of might have its merits...

-D. Lybrand

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 09 2005,11:02)]Squirrels cause a lot of mayhem this time of year and that's the kind of thing they do. The solution is Brunswick Stew.
    Qu'est-ce que c'est, "Brunswick Stew?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 10 2005,8:02)]Squirrels cause a lot of mayhem this time of year and that's the kind of thing they do. The solution is Brunswick Stew.
    must try [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast