Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oct nepenthes pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! You've certainly put the work in, you deserve your results! Might I suggest, if you're replacing the lights, the new T5 fluorescent tubes? I'm about to replace my 400watt MH light with some. They are at least as bright, it seems, and put out a lot less heat, and use less energy. Plus, you can control your color temp by mixing bulbs. Tek Light is one brand.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your set-up looks like something out a mad scientists lab! Thanks for the photos and explanation.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the pic looks like ur using incandecent lightling to bring up the heat in there
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my growroom I rely on the heat from my MH light to provide the daytime temperatures I need. Otherwise it would always be 60 degrees in there. If your growspace is always cool, those lights are great for providing heat. It all comes down to temperature control. If I close the interior door to my growroom, I can get the humidty up with a humidifier on dry days, but the heat gets too high. With the window and interior door open, the temps are perfect but on dry days my humidity drops to 50%. So I'm considering replacing my MH light with T5 fluorescents so I can close the interior door and still keep the room cool enough.

The lighting choices you make are, in part, based on what they do to your temperatures. Sometimes you want some extra warmth, sometimes you don't.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fc3srx713b the MH lamps light looks like that :P
    Need all the experience I can get...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]mad scientists
    Hey! I resemble that remark! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] lol

Hmm.. Capslock, sounds like you want to get rid of the light I need! lol let me know if your interested in parting with it.
    I would be interested in t5's if the light can effectivly reach my plants. I need around 350-400fc @ 4' .What candle power can you get at that distance with your t5's?

Yes fc3srx713b, I do use them as a heat source. Otherwise, like Caps, my temps would'nt get above 60, and highlanders need to get to at least 80-85 during the day to do well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of light do you use now? It seems like the shape of your chamber would be perfect for metal halide. I'd like to get t-5's, but they are pretty pricey. I'm going to wait a year to see if they are still around.

Brian

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could really use some t5's. Just about all my fluorecent tubes and compactf bulbs need replacing [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] . That's 8 bulbs, 500 watts worth!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast