What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

veitchii high x low after a shower
44639_p709135.jpeg

ventricosa x sibuyanensis. This is the first pitcher I've ever seen on this plant since I bought it pitcherless two months ago.
It appeared ten days ago and still won't quit growing!
44639_p709137.jpeg

thorelii x densiflora. I just LOVE this one!
44639_p709134.jpeg

bical, close-up. A rather artsy pic a friend shot.
44639_p709129.jpeg

Amp tricolor
44639_p709127.jpeg

44639_p709128.jpeg

Cantley's Red a.k.a. "Money Tree". What an amazing creature. Two days after taking my first cutting off its top, three (3) new shoots appeared at the bottom of the stem and are now growing like kudzu. US$100 well invested!
44639_p709126.jpeg

truncata x alata, old and new. Behold the squished bugs sticking to the outside! Vicious little plant!
44639_p709125.jpeg

44639_p709124.jpeg

The always reliable (if hairy) truncata (Highland Red)
44639_p709303.jpeg

For a moment, the word 'zhaopian' did not register...
smile_m_32.gif

Is it "bilder" In swedish? :p nice plants BTW

I like the red amps! I need a nest of those!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Oct. 14 2005,12:22)]For a moment, the word 'zhaopian' did not register...
smile_m_32.gif

But it did after a while, I hope?
smile.gif

It's the same as the German (and Swedish) word "Bilder", only Mandarin Chinese. Seeing as this is an international forum, I thought it good propaganda to reach out to native speakers of other tongues...

Sorry if I've caused any confusion. Getting old means getting weird.

I new what bilder was. I frequent alot of all swedish websites
biggrin.gif

What other amps forms do you have? Do you grow "giant red" ?

Yes i like those,the amp tricolour is lovely.
Bye for now julian

Ok flip..u know any swedish?

IKEA ?I think its swedish but I meant words
biggrin.gif

Uh!
Is the Truncata really a truncata RED Highland? Strage shape of the pitcher for the moment!
let's confirm as soon she will grow more!
See yah!
Mr_Aga

Milan
Italy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrAga73 @ Oct. 15 2005,5:31)]Is the Truncata really a truncata RED Highland?
Sho' is! But this pitcher's come out a bit twisted, you're right...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Oct. 15 2005,6:58)]What other amps forms do you have? Do you grow "giant red" ?
Only the garden varieties (pun intended): Red Speckled and All Green. I'm still looking for Black/Red Speckled, Williams Red, Giant Red, Hot Lips, Tayeve, Squat White and Red Moon. A friend of mine has a Red Moon, but won't part with it, the b@$tard. But he bought it in Japan, so it'll cost me an arm and both legs anyway...

I do have a whole bunch of very lovely "apple pitcher plant" (Chinese term) hybrids, though - amp x thorelii, amp x bical, amp x mirabilis, amp x gracilis, amp x tobaica, and of course a small stable of hookers. I'm planning on collecting every single hookeriana variety available on the market. My favorite is the gorgeous tricolor by EP.

I just LOVE them tubbies!

Back