What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Pipolz,

Ok, I had a non working mood evening, so I also picked some backstage pictures, that didn't make it to my website yet.
Enjoy your meal!

Volker

Let's call her X Gentle
dscn1241.jpg

tentaculata
dscn1257.jpg

albomarginata
dscn1258.jpg

alata in front of a truncating chorus
dscn1268.jpg

truncata low (still ask myself how my knee could have been amputated and been placed in the background of that image...?)
dscn1272.jpg

bical 'Marudi'
dscn1283.jpg

clipeata x rafflesiana (note the color of the leaf blade)
dscn1287.jpg

rafflesiana 'Johore'
dscn1309.jpg

bellii 'red pitcher green peristome' (yeah right!)
dscn1315.jpg

maxima 'Tlatawiran' constipated with a fat bug
dscn1330.jpg

Hi Volker:

Nice to see your plants again. I notice that you mostly have either lowlands or intermediate hybrids. What has been your experience with highlands?. Is it possible to grow these in Manila?

Gus

Hi Gus,
I just moved a few years ago to the Philippines and played around with some lowlanders to test conditions - just being relaxed (for some reason I find rafflesianas anyway nicer than rajahs) and careful about getting more demanding plants. Due to dry winds it wasn't as easy as I thought, so I had to setup a greenhouse with shade cloth, plastic walls and irrigation system. Now everything seems fine and I am starting with more highlanders, which are doing very fine even though small.
Check herefor my highlanders.
Volker

Hi Volker
Some nice looking plants there,nice site to.I like the Raffs,ive never managed to get mine to do a lot,not warm enough i guess.
Bye for now Julian

Hi Julian,
Thanks. I agree that there are faster growing plants than raffs, although it seems that the 'Sandakan'/alata and especially 'Johore' grows faster than than the 'red squat' and 'giant'. Or am I dreaming?
smile_m_32.gif

Volker

Back