Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowland neps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's a Walmart special oil-filled radiator. Recently put a tray full of water on top of it to try to improve the humidity.
    A day without Nepenthes is like a day without sunshine

--steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] good work steve! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You plants looks great srduggins! How long did it take to become that "large" ?
    Need all the experience I can get...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Yes, it's a Walmart special oil-filled radiator.
    That's what I thought it was. I might try a similar setup, having the radiator hooked up to a thermostat. For humidification, I use an ultrasonic humidifier hooked up to a humidistat.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, which one? The raff, since it is the only one with my thumb for perspective? I have been growing that plant for 5 years. It came out of tissue culture in 1999. I'm really not good at growing plants quickly. I believe I have just recently improved my horticultural practices with a better potting mix and foliar feeding, (Thanks Drew), so I'm hoping to become much better at it.

I got the bical last year from Black Jungle. The pitchers are not much bigger than when I bought it as they first got smaller after it arrived.

Actually, the thermistat on the radiator works pretty well. I've had it in there for a few years and only recently had to turn it up a little. Minimum temperature is consistantly 75 degrees.

How often do you have to fill your humidifier with water? I had one in there at first, but it was too much of a pain to keep filling it with water and keeping it clean.

--steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Oct. 20 2005,8:23)]I believe I have just recently improved my horticultural practices with a better potting mix and foliar feeding, (Thanks Drew), so I'm hoping to become much better at it.
    HEY!!! WHAT ABOUT MEEEE!!!!!
    havent ive done enough teasing? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey SRduggins, what kind of humidifier did you try? I use water from my RO/DI (5 stage [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]) system for my humidifier and rarely have to clean it (maybe once a year?) But it recently broke maybe do to age, but I suspect because I droped it when I was filling the water tank (opps). Santos don't worry you just started growing I suspect SR has been growing just alitte longer then you...
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember much about the humidifier. Probably 4 years ago. Just that it came from Walmart and had two water tanks on the sides. Now that I think about it, it may not have been an ultrasonic one. Plus the humidistat it came with wasn't very accurate.

Now when it gets dry, (Santa Anas), I just flood the bottom with tap water. Seems to help, and the chlorine gas that escapes just might be keeping the chamber free from fungus.

--steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast