What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some new pics

OK, here's a new batch of pics.

First, some reliable pitcher producers, starting with N. x wrigleyana:
N_x_wrigleyana5.sized.jpg

Next, here's the always-pleasant N. x Ile de France:
N_x_Ile_de_France_emesis7.sized.jpg

Here's a new one, N. glandifulera. It's still an immature plant, but growing well now:
N_glandulifera_1.sized.jpg

N. maxima var curtisii. I love the shape of these:
N_maxima_var_curtisii_2.sized.jpg

N. epphipiata:
N_ephippiata_3.sized.jpg

And finally, N. hamata:
N_hamata7.sized.jpg

Capslock

Great as usual!

Cheers,
Jan

hairy, the N. glandifulera and N. hamata

As always, a great set of "Neps in the hood"!

Hi Max
Fantastic as ever ,i love the peristome on the n x Ile de France.Amazing how hairy the Glandifulera is to.I should have a Epphipiata early next week always wanted one,it will be a while before it gets to that stage though.
smile.gif

Bye for now julian

sorta of a dumb question.... why the mylar or mylar looking thing. i never asked about that and wanna find out now....

Great pictures as always.

The mylar is there to reflect light everywhere its used to make his lighting as efficient as possible. It also has insulating properties that can be useful, emergency thermal blankets are contructed with it.

Capslock you are going to have to stop showing those photos or Im going to travel all the way to the US to steal them from you
smile_m_32.gif

Its those kind of pictures that makes me really jelous.
And makes me wanna kick my plants rear so they will grow faster
biggrin.gif

Fabolous pictures Capslock!

Wonderful as ever Capslock. And I will still have to stick to my personal preference of ephippiata over lowii - such beauty!

Ta very much!

Nice hamata ;) !
great pics,
Thanks for sharing!

hey,the hamata is terrifying:O

Totally gobsmacked over here, too.

Thanks for sharing, Max!

BTW, do you grow all your neps in terrariums?

Hans

Hans, I don't grow any neps in terrariums except a couple lowlanders in a tank at work. They all grow open-air down in my basement in the cool San Francisco air. With the warmth of the growlights (mostly cheap fluorescent tubes) during the day, my temps are just about perfect for highlanders. About 55 at night to 77 or so in the daytime depending on what shelf they are on. I naturally get about 70% humidity average.

Capslock

Great plants, Capslock!

I especially like the N. glandulifera.
Regards, KPG

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Oct. 21 2005,4:10)]They all grow open-air down in my basement in the cool San Francisco air.
Wow! Enviable setup, Max! Do you have pictures of the whole room? That must be a sight...

Don't have any recent photos of the whole thing, but this is a representative shelf. You can see the shoplights on the shelf below, where pings and drosera grow. I use wire racks about six feet tall or so, and have three of them. Two have two shelves and the one shown has three.

Nep_rack.sized.jpg

Capslock

Just wanted to say: beautiful plants as always!

Excellent plants! I love your basement setup. Are those just plain ol' compact flourescents over your Neps? If so, what wattage?

P.S. Mind posting some pictures of your other grow shelfs?
smile_l_32.gif

Back