Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, sounds like it is being fertilized, but well drained.

Michael would be happy to know this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rbjong @ Oct. 31 2005,9:58)]Lam,nice pitchers u have.The campanulata needs wet but well drain soil of loose dead leaves and debris.That was my observation in one of the trip in central Borneo on sarawak side.

...Robert
    wow,
    you actually saw campanulata in natural habitat? What are the conditions like there? I saw the pictures of nearly vertical rock faces... tell us more, how large were the individual plants, they produce many basal shoots right? how large were most of the pitchers? flowers? Were the plants growing eppiphytic? In moss?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well,slightly mossy on limestone cliff.Short tendril with pitchers more or less 6cm in length,the peristome diameter about 2cm wide.Produce basal by lateral growth.Pitchers are mostly green...Robert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

I have been VERY successful with my campanulata. I have it growing in a mix of LFS and orchid mix (I'd say 2/3 LFS....orchid mix added for "chunk") in a regular flower pot. It's growing in my lowland tank (so humidity is fairly constant at at least 75% or 80%) under lights. I've had it for about 2 or 2 1/2 years, and it's gone from a 3" plant to a 6" or 7" plant (which is pretty big for a camp) with 5 pups (newest one just peeking out of the soil now). It flowered for me last year, and hasn't ever stopped pitchering....so I must be doing something right.

At any rate, I've heard that the pups aren't actual basal shoots, but the result of the "runners" (only nep to do this?), so I've been toying with the idea of repotting it in a strawberry pot.

I do not fertilize it, and I rarely feed it. The plant as a whole appreciates a meal, but if the bug is too big (and that means bigger than about 1/4"), it will rot the pitcher pronto.

Hope this helps
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12