What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No new growth lately

Right after the hurricane, my neps haven't grown or inflated any pitchers. They got gnawed on my mice, but nothing serious, it happened last time during katrina. Is this because of the cold weather. The hurricane didn't affect my plants, they weren't knocked down or repotted or anything and during winter, can I still feed them?

If a plant experiences what it considers low temperatures, it usually goes dormant or slows its growth. Neps don't experience dormancy per se and will just slow their growth. You can feed your neps whenever you wish. I usually reduce their feeding by half while they're slowed down, but that's just because I'm in the habit of doing this to all my plants when they slow down.

Is it highland neps or lowland?

They might just be in chock..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Oct. 29 2005,7:25)]Is it highland neps or lowland?

They might just be in chock..
What is chock?

When they have stopped growing..they will start growing again when they have settled again..

They have started growing again, just really slowly :p and the wind keeps knocking down my edinensis. I want to chop down it down, but on the other side, I want to see it's uppers :p.
I have 4 highlanders and 5 lowlanders.

Back