Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rbjong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across this rafflesiana with spotted red which i have not seen before,but excuse me if it is common to growers.The forest is heath type(kerangas) and have never been visited by human.Only recently the place was surveyed,trees,bushes were cut for a trek,and land pegs was inserted.Soon will see some activities(heard police dept and fire station to be built).Soon the neps will be gone...sad

Condition of the land-sandy sub-soil with dead leaves and tree debris on top.I also observed most pitcher plants with here are mirabilis,gracilis but in greater nos. are ampullaria(red/yellow peristome, green forms, green/red dots),rafflesiana red speckled,green forms,green with dark red speckles and hookeriana.

...Robert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Robert, that is a fine, fine, specimen. Thanks you for snapping that shot. Wait until Trent and the other lowland fiends see that!

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] yeah... wait till they see [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. What fine raffs!
    I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I hear what is to be their fate.
    Can the vines be cut and used for cuttings? Is that legal in Sarawak? At least the local Nepenthes growers can save it by propagating it in their collections.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the plants will be soon destroyed, I think you can usualy get permits to collect, if need be. If you do collect them, you should probably send the plants to some good, reputable cp nurseries. Just my thoughts. I wouldn't mind a cut of that red raff though, it's absolutely outstanding [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That rafflesiana is definitely worthy of a place in cultivation. Thanks for sharing, rbjong!

Cheers

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW!! Absolutely beautiful plants, and yup thats a real shame and very sad to know whats gona happen to them.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow,
    that is beautiful, I just love the peristome neck! I think collecting lowland species like mirabilis, gracilis, rafflesiana, and commoner ampullarias is not illegal. Unless it is WITHIN a park... right? Because plants like gracilis are very wild.
    Thanks for wonderful pics

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast