0 Thread(s)
    Here's a link (from cpuk) with arie's experiment with neps and osmocote:
    http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9457
    Yossi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gathered from various posts that Arie uses Osmocote, Tony Paroubek uses Osmocote, and Michael uses Peters. I know also that Rob Sacilioto uses Peters on seedlings. Both of these brands come in several different flavors with differing compostitions. Which flavors should we use and which should we avoid? What is the rule of thumb regarding NPK and trace elements?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s a link with more information about fertilizing Nepenthes. Note that the information targets growers who live in tropical climates, most of whom have their plants growing outdoors in a lot of light. The information may not be too relevant to those who grow their plants indoors or in terrariums, although perhaps the fertilizing practices described could be modified for these conditions.

http://pitcherplants.proboards34.com/index.c....8314301

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I foliar feed all my neps one or twice monthly with half-recommended strength Schultz orchid fertilizer. I do the same with my helis, VFTs, cobras, cephalotus, terrestrial utrics and Sarrs. I've never done a controlled experiment but I'm happy with their vigor.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chloroplast, are your plants growing indoors or outdoors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're all growing indoors completely under cool white fluorescent lights, with just a couple receiving supplemental sunlight from a window.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chloroplast, Have you tried orchid fertilizer at full strength? The usual rule for using regular fertilizer on orchids is to use it at half strength. So orchid fertilizer is probably already "weak" and may not need to be further diluted for CPs. I fertilize my Neps with full strength orchid fertilizer. But I grow my plants outdoors, it may not be applicable to your indoor plants. By the way, I'm intrigued that you fertilize your helis. I have one that's slowly dying, so I sprayed it with fertilizer, hoping that it will grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tropics, if your heli is slowly dying I don't think fertilizing will do any good, it might even make things worse...
    Try chaging the soil/lighting/water/humidity/whatever to get it the conditions it needs...
    Yossi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast