What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes feeding...

i read in one thread before that someone fed a nep a 'pinky'?!?!
is there anyone outthere that gives this to their neps, even once in a while? if so, PLEASE POST!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I WANNA SEE GORE AND ITS ABOUT TIME!
smile_t_32.gif

Whoa! Are you saying they cut off their little finger to feed it to their nepenthes?!? Crazy...

I've fed my nepenthes mosquitoes that were filled with my own blood.  My reasoning was that blood is rich in protein and other nutrients.  The results were good, but I abandoned the experiment because it was kind of creepy.  Vampire Nepenthes!

Brian

fc3 pinkys are not baby rats :p its baby mice
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Nov. 04 2005,9:42)]fc3 pinkys are not baby rats :p its baby mice
biggrin.gif
oops... but you know what mean

Oh... It was just a first thought. I didn't know baby mice were called pinkys.

Little shop of horrors: "I need blood"
"Feed me Seymour"

Zac

Both baby rats and mice are called pinkies, I do believe. At least before the hair arrives: then they call them fuzzies.

Cheers,

Joe

Well whatever they are called, I call them annoying %#@$ that gnaw on my neps.

Aw, well, I don't have nepenthes, so I don't have that problem.

so anyone out there with a pic of gore?
smile_t_32.gif

I wish I had a camera, I have plenty of gore. All my nep catches is mainly ants and let's just say the fluid doesn't look like ants anymore :p

Hi
My Cat caught a small mouse a while back so i put the 2 halfs in 2 spath x Max pitchers,i havent looked yet but i will do a couple of shots for you.Also i found a baby hedgehog the other and removed a couple of large ticks off him and they went in to a coulpe of pitchers,amazingly all the blood leaked out in to the pitcher,fitting end to such a discusting creature,will try to get a couple of gore shots for you
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Bye for now  Julian
All most forgot since it had this very large feed it has flowered for the first time this year,dont know if the feed baught it on or it was ready anyway to flower but i dont think it has held it back but increased its vigor though.

WHAT THEY HEY....here is some G-Rated stuff...
ventricosa, sibu, and copelandii with a belly full of ants and flies...
834N_Ventricosa_5_1_1-med.jpg

834N_Sibuyanensis_4_1_-med.jpg

834N_Copelandii_4_1_-med.jpg

I haven't been growing as actively, so i'll need to wait a bit before i can get up a good pic o' the GORE. I've fed an 8" tall Ventrata pitcher a pinky in the past. I have a pic of the pitcher, but not of the GORE.

Since my Frontline ran out on the cat, I've pulled off a couple of ticks, too. They're like vitamine pills!

Back