Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydrogel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used it for other plants. It expands and shrinks too much for use in potted plants. If it dries out completely, it will kill the roots.

They actually make hydrogel blocks for rooting leaf cuttings...usually the stuff is infused with rooting hormones. It's susposed to work great, but I haven't tried it.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait a sec dont cp's need acidic soil i have hydrogel so i might just use it but like i said i thot they needed some type of acidic soil it sounds like a good idea tho [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When hydrogel is used in potting mixes the ratio is about 1 tablespoon hydrogel to 1-3 gallons soil mix. It wouldn't be wise to use a pure hydrogel as soil.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooo I get it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12