What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey,
Someone asked a while ago if I would post a pic of my whole setup. So I figured I'd get a photo of each shelf in total. My grow room has three racks with seven total shelves. Here they are.

First, this shelf is lit with four t5 fluorescent tubes.
shelf_1.sized.jpg

Here's the shelf below which just has four regular cheap 48inch fluorescent tubes. This is the bottom shelf which is mostly highlanders.:
Shelf_2.sized.jpg

Here's the next rack, and this shelf is pretty tall and has just the cheap fluorescent tubes, so I supplement with a shoplight or two.
Shelf_3.sized.jpg

The next shelf is really short, for drosera and seedlings of various sorts. Here's the left half, check out the giant D. slackii in back making a big trunk of a stem:
Shelf_4a.sized.jpg

Here's the other half, with a bit of everything. Pings, neps, drosera, and heliamphora (little cuttings of heterodoxa x minor.)
Shelf_4b.sized.jpg

Here's the bottom shelf of this rack, with more highlanders and an orchid:
Shelf_5.sized.jpg

The third rack has my only metal halide light. It makes this shelf a lot warmer than the others.
Shelf_6.sized.jpg

And beneath that is the last rack. This one has two 48 inch fluorescent tubes, and two fluorex fixtures. Here's where most of the heliamphor are, with more highlander neps.
Shelf_7.sized.jpg

And since those were kinda documentary and not artistic, here are a couple nice peristome shots:

N_x_Predator_peristome.sized.jpg

N_bongso_peristome.sized.jpg

Capslock

Very nice pics. What is that nep in the first pic on the left with the roundish leaves and long green pitchers? Is the orchid a lycaste or stanhopea relative?

Wow!!  Terrific pics, Capsloc.  All the views of your growing setup are very interesting -- you're doing a great job...plants are gorgeous.

What is the ID of the possesor of the fantastic peristome in the last shot??

Great stuff,
KPG
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Wow, great pics man
smile_n_32.gif
! I see you've gotten yourself a khasiana x truncata (as seen in the first pic)
biggrin.gif
! Does your clone have much red spotting on the pitchers? My clone would seem to be unusualy colorful, and I'm wondering how variable they are.

Oh, and where did you get those square black pots? They would look great inside my cage
biggrin.gif
!

That's a really cool setup you have there. Your plants look terrific!

DANG! You have seriously healthy plants, there. You must have really good, steady humidity...and great lighting!

Hi Caps
Fantastic looking plants,they are positively bursting with health.The last one is your Bongso isnt it?amazing colour to its peristome
Bye for now julian

WOW! awesome setup, your plants look incredible!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

i would have to say the last one is bongso also. wonderful pics

Thanks everyone!

Stanhopea, I got that orchid in a trade, and once you asked the question, I realized I've forgotten completely what it is. This is what happens when you don't label a plant right away!

Yes, that last plant is N. bongso. And lol, I got the square pots at a local store. I like them becuase you can fit a lot of them in a small space.

Capslock

Very nice setup!!! WOW!

I just moved many of my plants out of terraria and onto grow racks. They've successfully made the transition, but I'm still in the process of trying to position them/tidy up the grow racks so that it looks as nice as yours.

Wow! Awesome shots! Do you have any pictures of the hamata basals (one of which was offered up by you the last NASC auction)? I know that mine took a hard hit (my own stupid fault) and I'm curious as to how big yours are. If you don't have any pictures, then just a simple estimation as to their size would be much appreciated! Nice plants!

Hey Est,
Mine haven't grown much either. The larger one is about an inch and a half accross. They stopped growing for a while when I cut them off and replanted them in their new pots. But now they're both pitchering again and looking good. Still tiny though!

Yours is still alive I take it? They're pretty tough plants, I've found. How about the little ventricosa?

Capslock

Awsome pictures, as usual! Love the setup and love the plants.

Now that looks like a nice place to hangout! Almost 360 degrees of viewing pleasure!
Your bongso peristome got a Ooooooooh from the girlfriend
Very nice Sir.

wow! really nice! i wanna ask, do u mylar your setup all around?

Also, how often do u change your bulbs?

thanks!

Back