What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My highland greenhouse photo tour

Oh don’t worry I will get them up ASAP I just need to get his permission before I post too many.

Here is one little morsel to wet your appetite of whats to come.

This plant needs no introduction…

DSC_0383.jpg

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

By golly gee whiskers, I'd say that's N. alata!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

J/K, I know it's N. edwardsiana!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]By golly gee whiskers, I'd say that's N. alata!

Dear lol, you are wrong it is the rarest Nepenthes x ventrata

smile_m_32.gif

I'm joking of course.... I can't wait Nepenthes edwardsiana on the sale list of some nursery.... even if I'll be 80 years old...
smile_l_32.gif
I'll buy it.

By the way thanks for the beautiful pics: it is very useful to see pics of Nepenthes in nature, they give us the oppurtunity to pay attention to the habitat of our beloved plants... expecially for what concern the sun/shade exposition.

Kind regards

rajah

I am really bad!
smile.gif

Fine fine fine! I wait also the pictures of the Nep. Rajah!
smile.gif

Kisses to the Edwarsiana!
smile.gif

Mr_Aga

I would personally rather have a macrophylla than edwardsiana. I believe the former species gets quite a bit loarger. But, N. edwardsiana would be really great for hybridisation considering its pronounced teeth.

Iol,
guess what? I have right a Nepenthes Macrophylla! ;)
What makes Edwarsiana su special is that no one can collect her since she is protected by law. And also,as you can see....she is very nice!
smile.gif

I wait that some pictures of the Nepenthes RAJAH are POSTED here!
smile.gif

See yah!
Mr_Aga

Regarding the size of N. macrophylla and N. edwardsiana, both are extremely showy plants, but N. edwardsiana is no slouch in size either. Both are capable of producing large leafes and very larger pitchers.

uncontrolable drooling! Ahhhh!
Thankyou Sir! More please..that will sustain me for a little while longer
smile_m_32.gif

can't help but wonder if I could control myself bieng that close to edwardsiana.....hmmm

According to Nepenthes of Borneo N. macrophylla can get 28 cm tall pitchers and 9 cm wide with 60 cm leaves and N. edwardsiana 50 cm tall pitchers and 15 cm wide with 30 cm leaves.

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

50cm?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
??
confused.gif

WTH? You sure about that? That's 20 friggin inches, bigger than truncata. Does raja even get that big?

rajah pitchers are only considered "big" due to their sheer bulk. Pitcher height doesn't necessarily mean "size", since in terms of Nepenthes pitchers, volume is considered a far more important factor (IMO).
Also, Michael Catalani has recorded 21" pitchers from his truncata.
Cheers

Actualy, he said 21" "including the lid" . When you add the lid, you get a couple more inches than normal. However, on the front of his site, he said he's had 24" truncata pitchers from the bottom of the pitcher to the base of the lid. That just sounds rediculous!
smile_h_32.gif

My bad. Haven't visited that site in a while. 24" doesn't sound too ridiculous - I've seen and held (and cared for, only when they needed it) specimens throwing out pitchers approximately that size. The world of Nepenthes is absolutely magnificent, the reason we're so obsessed with them!
In the case of edwardsiana though, those dimensions would really be impressive, and there's no reason to doubt such facts, even if it's hard to believe. We'll just have to wait for the species to enter cultivation legally!

Cheers

This is about the largest my truncata has ever gotten

da3f.jpg

IMAGE_047.jpg

Lookin at this being between 12" and 14", an 18" or 24" pitcher would be a primate killer! Seriously, that would be a major threat to any housepets. Imagine a lowii x truncata or macrophylla that large.... Fantastic!

Back