User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Some hybrids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi fella neps...sometimes ago i posted a photo of albormarginata,and i found in the small booklet by chien Lee on page 33 ( pitcher plants of Sarawak ) is in fact a natural hybrid N.x cincta ( northiana x albormarginata).The slender leaves represent those of reinwardtiana,the beautiful wide peristome of northiana are gone,replaced by thin cylinderical peristome of albo. The colouration ranging from cream to dusky purple with red or black spot,pitchers are narrow and funnel shaped.

..a closer look of the peristome...

On my last weekend trip to one of Borneo highlands above 1,000' elevation i came across an unusual ( maybe ? ) a natural hybrid betwen reinwardtiana and gracilis. The leaves and pitchers colouration represent those of gracilis,but slightly bulbose at the lower like the original reinward and still retaining the 2 eye spot.

There are lots of ampullaria(various colours),trichocarpa,mirabilis(green, light red),gracilis( green, red ),and reinwardtiana (green form ). So far no other intersting hybrids or red form gracilis x reinward are found, as i spent a short time there due to heavy wind and rain. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

....Robert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful, Robert!
    Love both of them. That's a beautiful form of Cincta. and the reinwardtiana hybrid is fantastic with the tiny red spots! Never have seen anything like them in cultivation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reinwardtiana hybrid is amazing! I wouldn't think it would pass on its eye spotting trait...
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photos, Robert. Seeing plants growing in their habitat is really interesting. Always look forward to your posts.

Thanks for sharing,
    KPG
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, what they all said.
    Well done!

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of us have never seen a nepenthes in the wild. These are great pics of two fantastic hybrids!!! Thanks.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always something special about seeing neps in the wild,they just seem to be different to captive grown plants to me,one day instead of photos i hope to see them for real,just gotta grow up 3 young children first [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Bye for now Julian