What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since i love you guys so much...

lol

BANNED
I do believe (since I reserved one
smile.gif
) that N. ampullaria tricolors are now availible at a hortus nursery. I can't wait til I get mine, as it will be my first ampullaria! ... Actualy, I had an ampullaria giant from Wistuba, but that died long long ago. But in the mean time, since I gave you such a nice heads up, could you guys post pics of your ampullarias?
biggrin.gif

Mine is just a cutting, but it has two new leaves :

th_AF003501.jpg

I have 3 different but non worhty a picture yet,.

Hello lol,
That tricolor ampullaria is a real beauty - good luck with it.  I only grow a couple lowlanders in a terrarium, but N. ampullaria is one of them.  Here's a photo (plant really needs repotting-sorry):
5e4f16d8.jpg

KPG

I know a place that sells it, but I don't know if I'm allowed to give it. Besides I think it's out of stock and it's like 150 bucks
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Try $45!
biggrin.gif

Are these beauties easy to care for like in a terrarium easy? I heard they arent beginners plants, but I want to hear form the growers themselves.

The one in the photo is growing in a converted aquarium. Lighting is just two 4' fluorescents in a "shop light" fixture. Receives some supplemental sunlight from an East facing window. It would probably color up a bit better with a little more light. Some mexican pings and a couple tropical sundews are growing with it. I'd have to say it's an "easy" grower.
KPG

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Oh My!! Wow what a stunning plant.
smile.gif
Beautiful plant you have there killerplantsguy and awsome pic..
smile_m_32.gif

Yes that is a good looking Amp.
Bye for now Julian

yes yes,say LOVE to amp,i love amp too:;):

redgreenandspotted.jpg

Hello,

About the ampullaria on the first page killerplantsguy, it's not the Tricolor form, it's the Cantley's form.
Tricolor had purple and red spots with green pitchers.
However, nice pitchers you have on the plant !

About the one you have rbjong, it's a superb form ! It's the spotted form with red lip. I'll receive it in a few weeks now.

Regards,

Kina

Jeese, I can't wait til I get my tricolor! Pitchers spotted with red, green, and purple, and a red peristome! Awesome.

Kina,
I know my plant is not the tricolor form, I didn't actually claim it was. It is supposed to be a "Cantley's Red". It is the only N. ampullaria I grow.
Regards,
KPG

Alright Killerplants, i didn't understand your sentence i think so.
Sorry.
smile_m_32.gif

Kina.

Kina,
No problem. My post really wasn't very clear. I should have ID'd the photo.

Apologies to any out there who thought my photo was the tricolor var.
Good growing,
KPG

Back