What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa

Hey hey,

So i bought these plants a few month ago and man have they improved. These are my first carnivorous plants and i must admit i'm alreay additived and want more and more.  
smile_n_32.gif
 When i first bought them i had no idea what type Nepenthes they were, but after e-mailing the place where they came from they comfirmed that it was a N. ventricosa... So yeah it kinda sucks tho that i have no idea where i can buy more carnivorous plants here in london ontario. But anyway here are some pics i took last night.. Sorry if they are too big..

000_0520.jpg

000_0518.jpg

000_0517.jpg

000_0530.jpg

000_0531.jpg

000_0522.jpg

i have a strange feeling that PiranhaPlant is gonna say ventrata

It looks kinda like my nep which was labelled as a ventricosa 'red' but still not sure. Is the first pic a upper pitcher or an intermediate?

yeah i didnt think it was too, and to be honest i really dont know if they are... but i'm going by what the nursery told me unless anyone else tells me otherwise..

i beleave its an intermediate baby pitcher
biggrin.gif

Ooh, nice plants! And beutiful orchid too!

I gota agree beautiful plants and your pics are fabulous. Thanks tons for sharring.
smile_m_32.gif

I think instead of N.ventricosa, it is N.ventrata.

N.ventrata eh... yeah i saw pics of that type of plant a few month ago.. also thinking that it was that type.... is that a lowland or a highland??

ahh thanks, i wish i had a lowlander cause man my plant room can get very hot with all the fans and lights on. BUT I LOVE this plant and would never change it.. however, i'm not going to change much on how i have them growing cause they seem to be growing really really well with the temps i have them in... but its odd how even tho they are not getting cooler nights, that they are growing this fast

Look's like ventrata, whitch is also a nice plant as well ventricosa.

.. Good luck to you ..

Ohh.. ventrata. It's ok. I'll just look up information for ventrata then, but I don't think there's much difference between the two. Is there?

You dont have to look any info up..
Just keep the soil moist. humidity about 50%.
Good light and temperatures around 25 C (77F)

Oh, too bad I didn't read this earlier; I already did, but the information I found was pretty similar to what you said. Thank you.

Back