User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nep leaves: lighter colour

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

My small 10cm hookeriana is producing lighter green leaves than its previous ones. It's quite new and leaves and pitchers are progressively bigger, however the next leave looks lighter.

In general, what does lighter green mean?
    For some reason, this new shade of green looks... better to me. The leaf looks more bright and happy... maybe its just because the older leaves are, well older.

One more minor thing, when will i know when to repot the nep? when the leaves exceed the pot?

Thanks,
    wezx
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probabaly just normal,the same happens to my N. x edinensis. The newest leaves are red, but as they get older they turn green. As for repotting I'm not sure, I think you measure the diameter of the stem, not the leaves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bright green could a sign that the plant need more light
    Arie
    Arie Cohen

Israel Carnivorous Plants Society Chairman
    http://www.thecarnivorousplants.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They might also be getting a thicker and thicker waxy coating, which would reflect the light differently and could make it appear a little lighter. But you're probably talking a more pronounced difference.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think aire is right, the pitcher's colours have gona away too... but i don't get it, i seem to be provide lots of light! 4 shop lights, maybe its because don't have reflectors around.
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com