What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep leaves 2...

My reinwardtiana which was making somewhat yellow transparent spots on its leaves is still making them and the pichers grow smaller and smaller. also it has made a leaf thats only half. Not in length but in width

like this --> |   | |
^
|
center of leaf

yes I know it needs some imaginaton but my camera sux so I cant take a good pic..

I am just wondering what could be wrong. Its the green lowland form from wistuba and its growing in typical lowland climate. it gets fed every now and then with a cricket

When was the last time you changed your potting medium? Did it experience any shift in climactic conditions? Sometime Neps just put out a funny leaf, but if the leaves are getting smaller and smaller, I usually suspect the potting medium is too wet or compact. Smaller pitchers could be the result of a climbing stem shifting into upper pitcher mode.

Well the plants isnt very big and I resently repotted it :S

here is some photos...maybe u guys can help me now then?

why are they deformed?

The plant looks pretty darn healthy to me
smile_h_32.gif
. What are you talking about?

Well as you can see the leaves are a little diformed.
Its soon only half the leaf. Why does it do this?

Back