What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHOTOS of Nep. RAJAH & VILLOSA with SNOW!

i see some slow progress to the rajah but obvious on the villosa. i think rajah inst as villos's level on taking cold temps...

I was thinking about keeping the Nepenthes villosa the whole year outside but unfortunately it is not possible in my country.Weather can change too often.
But even I would have a "mild" winter the problem with ultra highland plants is that they resist to cold temperatures but they also ask some more milder temperatures during day time.
If not...maybe they don't die but they will remain without continue to growing for the whole winter!
No sense also! Better not to reach the plant's limits and also put it inside home where it will be at least warmer but with less humidity and light...
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

TODAY 29 JANUARY :
rajah.jpg

villosa.jpg

As you can notice...it has developed one pitcher the villosa.
The rajah instead grows very fast...in only 2 months she really look different!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

<span style='color:Teal'>Hello! Hmm... I have been reading this thread and I am thinking... Since your plants seemed to have liked those days expossed to snow and cold temps, they even seem that this expossure was what they were needing.

Waht about if i take my N. villosa and place it every now and then into my fridge for several hours, maybe days. Would it work? What do you think?

Mr_Aga, congrats on your plants... My villosa has never look that nice.

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

A word of caution on the fridge treatment. I once killed an N. villosa and rajah seedling that way, got too cold for them. So BE CAREFUL.

<span style='color:Teal'>Still i have not think of a method, but i will be careful... Thank you for the advice
smile.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

I know people that really keep villosa in the night ONLY in the fridge but with temperatures of circa +2 Celsius Degree.
Those are all experiment. I I would not live with my mother I would have done this.
My mother doesn't want to have a nepenthes every night in my fridge,ehehe!
Villosa lives in temperatures in nature where during the days it has about 20-25 Celsius and during night about from 1 to 5 Celcius.
So..I propose you to try to do this only if you will have a second plant!
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Back