Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ampullaria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he hee heee !
    see what i have here.Rescued from a construction site. It was a mature amp but with the main stem cut off by the worker before i took it home.Since 3 months ago 3 basals were produced. Looked overcrowded, and one of the basal has a leaf deformed forming a beautiful pattern,even has a pitcher. It is still in a temporary shallow pot holder. I suspect this was due to stress. Any comment?

a general view

closer look

micro close-up

..Robert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Robert,

Nice thing to rescue this nepenthes from construction.
    I imagine there were many plants in risk on this site no ?

Regards,

Kina.
    I climbed Kinabalu, and i'll go soon again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the leaf is striving for an "hourglass figure"!!

More seriously, good rescue. Ampullarias are one of my favorite neps.

Looks like the plant is in good health, despite some of the stresses that may have been placed on it.

Do you plan on keeping it or reintroducing it to another locale?

Either way, good luck with the plant.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (chloroplast @ Nov. 30 2005,10:16)]Do you plan on keeping it or reintroducing it to another locale?
    Can you imagine how hard that would be? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kina, yes there are gracilis and mirabilis too. 3 friends and me rescue alot. I managed to rescue the all red ampullaria too,judging from the light young amp, and green with red spot forms.Infact the owner of the site was so happy and even engaged some workers to assist us,free transport too,so imagine the number of plants [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] .I even took some plants to the Sarawak bio-diversity centre for replanting where the botanist was so happy to have them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Chloroplast,yes i will keep and let them flowers then raise the seeds,once they germinate into young plants will plant in my dad's garden in the country side.

Oh yes Jason, relocate now will be another shock to the plant,indeed it is difficult consider the vary environment.

..Robert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    The leaf deformation that has the hour glass shape was caused by an injury to the leaf.
    Good work on the rescue! It warms my heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert,
    I know Im not alone when I say that your posts are always most enjoyable! You are a good kind soul for both taking the time to take beautiful pictures and post them for us, as well as saving these wonderful plants from almost certain death. One day I am going to come visit you and we shall go on many hikes Whenever you have the time, would it be possible to post pictures of these amp varieties. Thanks again for such hard work!
    David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Chloroplast,yes i will keep and let them flowers then raise the seeds,once they germinate into young plants will plant in my dad's garden in the country side.
    That's good to hear. It must be wonderful to see nepenthes grow in their native habitat, and to be able to have a direct positive impact on their survival.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast