What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confusion about nepenthes...

I like the feeling you get when someone argues with you, but you end up proving them wrong.

I had a guy, up here in NY, as a tourist town, walk up and down the road looking peculiarly at my greenhouse, I was watching him from my room. Finally he has the gall to go over and start touching my Sarracenia! I run out and ask him quite blatantly what the (insert explicit word here) are you doing!? The guy turns to my and said just admiring your day lilys.

People are stoooooopid! Least he didn't go into my ghouse and insult my Nepenthes by calling them tomatoes or begonias.
mad.gif

Tourist inside Dustin's greenhouse: "Wow! What a collection of Jack in the Pulpits!"

Extends pot of S. venosum in full bloom. Smell this giant jack!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

That worries me alot, that somebody just goes to someone else's greenhouse like it was nothing
smile_h_32.gif

I'd have to agree. Greenhouses are still private property. No one has the right to be trespassing.

Well as long as they just look and doesnt destroy anything its not problem for me.
But I know how I am. My brother have very much bad luck and has itchy fingers so every time they get nere my tank with neps I tell them to back off :p

Good point Tyfone. Psh i woulden't let any of my brothers touch my plants as the youngest one might think it is a cup of water
smile_t_32.gif
blech. I dont have a problem with my friends touching them though because they actually know how precious they are to me.

And if they did hurt them they know I would kill em.
mad.gif

same here but some of my friends dont wanna touch them for the fact that they look funny and some hairy!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Nov. 30 2005,10:53)]when i show people at work pics of my nepenthes, there are a couple of things that they say. so what i wanna ask is what have some of your friends, co-workers, people have called them... i have funny one in mind but ill wait till i heard it all...
smile_n_32.gif
"you grow what? NEW PANTIES?" (true quote)

Back