What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rafflesiana

Hi all, i revisit the "rafflesiana territory" and stumble upon a light yellowish green color lower rafflesiana. Common in the area but hasn't come across in many other places i visited.

I noticed it prefered heavy shade with bush covers.

The older pitchers has colors slightly dark yellowish beige so are the uppers.Length and sizes of pitchers and leaves show no differences with other raff forms.

13.jpg

nice! lol should be responding soon to this one
smile_l_32.gif

I think that is known as N. rafflesiana var. nivea. I think it is a rarer form, but not unknown.

its not very rare either..

Those all green/yellow ones are indeed, N. rafflesiana v. nivea. Usually 'nivea' has some purple on the peristome but I've seen it without, thats a nice find.

Rafflsiana is probly becoming my favorite nep as it seems I have more forms of raff then any other plant...

N. rafflesiana def. is my favourite plant, of course
biggrin.gif
! I love that nivea form. I really want an all white/green form of N. rafflesiana elongata or squat. Those forms are really nice, and they'd be the last raff form that I really want. Love the pic rbjong, you should post more
smile_n_32.gif
!

Hi all:

Although I must admit, there are several kinds of raffs arounds, i don't think they top mirabilis in numbers and varieties 
smile_m_32.gif

Both of my N. rafflesianas are green like that. They're still very young plants though.

What a beautiful pitcher. How lucky you are to be able to "stumble across" such things! Thanks for sharing the photo.
smile.gif

I like raffs as well but I tend to favor tubby pitchers.

Back