Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 years in the life of a Nepenthes rajah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, great photos Jeremiah. That plant sure has grown happily! I still don't understand what the fuss is about rajah being a difficult slow grower - each new leaf my plant puts out is at least 30% larger than the previous one, and its robustness makes it unstoppable.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow thats one healthy plant all 3 years of its growth. I am guessing that rajah has a growth comparison to truncata considering its slow growth.
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, Jeremiah. Your plant looks very happy!
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Jeremiah I never get tired of your plants! You must have a HUGE green carnivorous thumb You have the happiest looking plants ever. Keep up that great work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMFG! Reeeaaallly nice! Can I get some info on how you grow it? Compost,temps,shaded?
    Need all the experience I can get...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes gracilis
    The last time I repotted I used 100% LFS. The first time I potted in that 4 pot it I added a little perlite. It is still in that 16 round pot like it the last few photos. As soon as I get my courage up I have a 24 pot that I will put it in.

fc3srx713b
    I tried fertilizing it once but it seem like after I did a bunch of algae started to grow on the soil.

TyFone
    For the first two years I grew it in my freezer grow chamber, but it grew to big for the freezer so a little over a year ago I built a highland GH for basically this one plant. I made sure that when the GH was finished it would have near optimum growing conditions. I use a misting system that keeps the humidity above 75% at all time, but it is almost always above 90%. The misting system also does all my watering and it is just tap waster. I have half the GH cover in a 60% shade cloth and the N. rajah is grown under that half. I keep the daytime temps at a maximum of 78 F and the nighttime lows are about 40 F on the coldest nights of the year most other night are about 50 F.

Thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SydneyNeps @ Dec. 14 2005,9:16)]Puts paid to the myth that rajah is a really slow grower.
    Exactly, this is what growing a nepenthes in its optimum conditions yeilds. While they may grow ok outside thier required/needed parameters growing them within optimum conditions for x/said species yeilds plants like Jeremiahs.

Nice looking N. rajah, dare I say the nicest?

That last pitcher is starting to show the more mature large valted lid of rajah, can't wait to see what the next few pitchers will look like.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys and as soon as my dad gets back with the my memory card I will take a new one of the last pitcher now that is has fully opened and colored up.

Thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast