What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trucata x ventricosa flowers

schloaty

Staff member
Looks like I have a girl! The first couple of buds are JUST starting to open up, and it looks to me like a female...Though, I admit, I could be mistaken. Should know for sure tomorrow.

Robin, if you read this, I would like to use some of the camp pollen you're going to send on it (assuming I'm right, of course).

Anyone have any Miranda pollen? That would be a great cross....Also, Anyone have any pollen from other large-pitcher plants?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Robin, if you read this, I would like to use some of the camp pollen you're going to send on it (assuming I'm right, of course).
Congratulations!
Sounds good Man. There should be plenty.........campunculosa?? lol

smile_m_32.gif

Hey Schloaty,

I recently collected some N. veitchii pollen, and I may still have some left. I will check and if you would like I could send some.

Wolf

Wolf,

veitchii, eh? hmmm....that could be interesting. Yeah, check if you have any pollen left. I think that would be a good cross.

Robin,

Something like that. LOL.

Ok, Anyone else?

I still would like to get some pollen from another large-pitchering plant....merrilliana, northiana, rajah (yeah, right)....any other hybrids that produce big ones....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Dec. 18 2005,7:13)]Anyone have any Miranda pollen? That would be a great cross....Also, Anyone have any pollen from other large-pitcher plants?
Sure many would foresee that to be an awesome cross, but I thought N. miranda was infertile? Of course I could just be zzzzzZZZZ...

Jason,
I don't think I've ever heard that before....At any rate, I don't have any miranda pollen offered, so it's a moot point. I do occasionally see it offered by people, though, so I tend to think it's viable.

man schloaty,
you do rock this year!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
cool.gif

N. Miranda has been around for over five years. ANYONE have seedlings resulting from a hybrid with Miranda, ie. (Any Nepenthes x Miranda)?
I would really like to know this, because I have yet to see viable seed produced when N. Miranda is used in a hybrid. If someone has had success with Miranda, please let us know!!!

Yeah, anything made with miranda should be awesome.

Hi Schloaty,
I could send pollen from N. spectabilis x spathulata.  It does have large (and colorful) pitchers.
Regards,
KPG

KPG, You're on! Send the pollen, I'll send you half the resulting seeds (assuming I am successful, of course).

Back