What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soft leaves and growing point

Something strange has happened to my N. macrovulgaris. The mix is already wet however it looks like it is dehydrated, with soft pitcher, and leaves (even the growing point is soft). I have had a few plants die from this condition before. Sorry I don't have a pic but there isn't much to see 0 looks like a crumpled pile of leaves, poor thing.

Do you think it just may be going into shock? The plant just arrived from BE, and after a few days I got round to potting it up. It is a lowlander.

Thanks for any help,
Jason

PS: Misted with superthrive already (last time I didn't know about/have the miracle called superthrive, therefore the previous plants perished). Should I fertilize right away or will that be pushing it?

what I always use to do with plants that arrive bare root is after planing them I cover the plant with plastic bag for few days then slowly make holes in the bag and around 2 weeks later take the bag off.
In this way the plant has no shock
Arie

Hmm, hadn't thought about that - may be too little humidity. I will try that. Thanks.

Jason

Back