User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Soft leaves and growing point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something strange has happened to my N. macrovulgaris. The mix is already wet however it looks like it is dehydrated, with soft pitcher, and leaves (even the growing point is soft). I have had a few plants die from this condition before. Sorry I don't have a pic but there isn't much to see 0 looks like a crumpled pile of leaves, poor thing.

Do you think it just may be going into shock? The plant just arrived from BE, and after a few days I got round to potting it up. It is a lowlander.

Thanks for any help,
    Jason

PS: Misted with superthrive already (last time I didn't know about/have the miracle called superthrive, therefore the previous plants perished). Should I fertilize right away or will that be pushing it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what I always use to do with plants that arrive bare root is after planing them I cover the plant with plastic bag for few days then slowly make holes in the bag and around 2 weeks later take the bag off.
    In this way the plant has no shock
    Arie
    Arie Cohen

Israel Carnivorous Plants Society Chairman
    http://www.thecarnivorousplants.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, hadn't thought about that - may be too little humidity. I will try that. Thanks.

Jason