Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fastest growth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FC-Well some can grow slow...er. Not every hybrid will grow somewhat quick. Its like saying species are all slow growers...kinda [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] . Anyways the point is that hybrids have hybrid vigor but whats vigorous for for one hybrid could be slow to another.Wpah that took a lot. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience a clone of truncata x veitchii (not sure which one) has been sadistically slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my fastest growing and pitchering species is N. spathulata. I don't grow N. thorelii x aristolochiodes (wish I did), but another N. thorelli hybrid comes to mind: N. thorelii x xtrusmadiensis. I've only had it a few months, but it's growing quickly and pitchers are produced freely and last a long time.
    KPG
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a species, but yeah I think ventrata in most conditions will grow like rabbits on speed. Pitchers included. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ventricosa (possibly ventrata) puts out a new pitcher every week and each pitcher is a few centimeters bigger then the last.

Zac
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For speed, I have to say that Miranda, Ventrata are the fastest in my collection. Ise de France is not far behind.

My northiana is positively in stasis. I've had it over a year, and it's put out three leaves, with a 1" increase in diameter. Bah. Bongso is also pretty slow.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Dec. 22 2005,10:31)]For speed, I have to say that Miranda, Ventrata are the fastest in my collection. Ise de France is not far behind.

My northiana is positively in stasis. I've had it over a year, and it's put out three leaves, with a 1" increase in diameter. Bah. Bongso is also pretty slow.
    Will note that when I getting around to acquiring a 'Ile de France'. Such a gorgeous plant, such a fast grower! Miranda too.

Your gotta have high humidity and lowland conditions for Northiana. Oh yeah forgot to add, if you look at a merriliana the wrong way it tries to go into coma. Mine did and I'm still trying to revive it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Oh yeah forgot to add, if you look at a merriliana the wrong way it tries to go into coma
    Interesting point on the merris. They do slow down at the drop of a hat - but then REFUSE to die....At least mine did. It got a pretty bad scale infection, which I didn't notice for a while because it was at the back, and looked like death warmed over when I finally treated it. It has recovered just fine, even produced new basal shoots, and looks healthy as ever. It's first pitchers since "the fall" are inflating, and already have a nice red color.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12