What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange?

Some of my leaves on my reinwardtiana is starting to look like they are withering. And its not just the oldest leaves its hits randomly.

This is the 3rd or 4th newest leaf.. the pitcher is fully healthy.

this is one of the old leaves. Look at the pitcher(on the upper picture). looks pretty intact has not started to dry up.

excuse the bad quality...

This happened to mine, too.  I thought it was "heat exhaustion" at first, but when put back into a highland envrionment (I have a highland form), it didn't improve....Just kept getting worse.  So, because there was a tiny basal shoot forming, I snipped the two vines that were suffering.  Found out the stems were completely dead & rotted all the way up to just below the still living growth points.  I am now in the process of trying to root the living tips, and hoping the basal shoot takes of now that I've also repotted and stripped away dead material.

I hope this isn't the cause of your plant's troubles!

Hi all:

It looks like you have some sort of fungal infection, please use systemic fungicides.

Gus

I have tried to cut some other leaves off it but it just shows up again on other leaves.
I will try to grow it a little drier and not water it as much.
Also where can I get fungicide then?

Ty, you should be able to get the fungicide at any garden center worth its salt. My guess is that it would be with the pesiticides.

Ok thx..Ill check directly tomorrow. I have something against aphids. Can you use it against other pests as well? the main ingridient is gelatin in it.

I have now bought a pesticide called PYREX has somebody used this brand`?

EDIT: I tried it and it just made things worse. The leaves got burned emidiatly.

The fungicide I use is called physan-20 and it has never harmed my plants. It can even be used on seedlings. It also kills algae.

Dino, why are you using pesticide for a fungus problem?

Steve - physan 20 is not a fungicide exactly... It is technically a disinfectant. It will kill fungus, algae or any other live cells it comes in contact with. Plants are for the most part protected because of the wax layer covering the leaves. It will not help with systemic fungal problems except perhaps in preventing new infections since it works on contact only.

Tony

Thats weird. Pyrex has never burned my plants.

I recommend Bayer Rosenspray or Baymat Rosenspray if you have fungi problems. You can probably get it at Plantagen.
smile_m_32.gif

Back