Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: N. bicalcarata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, the trick is to get them small, and then sell them on ebay for big bucks when they outgrow your tank. You can have 2-3" pitchers on a 10" plant, but it is hard to keep it that size and have it continue to pitcher. Whatever you do, I'd suggest going with a tank size of at least 20 gallons.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You used to see red flush bicals all the time, and it is strange how they are no longer available.
    Trent has a 5' diameter(I think) and that is the biggest I have heard of. I would love to see a pic of one larger than that(hint, hint).

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cstriker,
    I wish I could help you but the source I knew of is currently sold out. If you can hold out until spring you should be able to locate one easily. Just keep asking. I don't mind you asking, I encourage it. And, I certainly wouldn't make assumptions that you can neither grow the plant in "your" conditions, or maintain a mature specimen even though I don't know your growing abilities or growing arrangements. What I DO know is that a simple click on your profile revealed that you live near Tampa, Florida. You shouldn't have too much trouble growing it there and we have many members on this forum who live in your vicinity that may be able to help you with growing advice...if you should ever require it.

So please don't feel put off by the comments. You asked a simple question and rather than give you a simple answer, unfortunately, some folks gave you an ear full of hogwash.

Good luck with your search.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the response Philcula. Thanks!

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No prob! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting that this thread popped up, since I'll be receiving one of these plants soon. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get the plant its own 20 gallon tank...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, you're quite adventurous, trying to force all 6 to 8 feet worth of bical in a 20 gal tank. Just kidding! When you get it be sure to post lots of pictures. I would love to see a bical growing in a terrarium. Good luck.

Chris

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I myself would already have a bical growing in the confines of my bedroom, if it weren't for the limitations of space and its immense size. I never worry about the conditional temperament of a species, but rather how large it gets. Same goes for a bical.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast