Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lowii question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Jan. 04 2006,2:48)]your posts and your lack of experience I would not suggest you to grow N.lowii it would be a waist of money.
    COME ON NOW! YOU WANNA GET THEM INTO IT NOT AWAY FROM NEPS. SORRY BUT I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS. IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY THEN IT SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM. ITS NOT LIKE YOU'RE EXPERIMENTING ON AN ANIMAL OR SOMETHING.... GEEZ! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ]I just wanted to tell him that he shouldnt be expecting to much
    like i said if money aint a thang...
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd just add to the previous comments that it doesn't hurt to give it a go. You will never know unless you try, and then try and try some more. Many myths have been busted by those with the curiosity to see how far they can push the boundaries. Small lowii can be obtained cheaply, so it can't hurt.

If it grows well, you get quite a few years pleasure out of it before it will need a bigger space.
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SydneyNeps @ Jan. 05 2006,4:21)]I'd just add to the previous comments that it doesn't hurt to give it a go. You will never know unless you try, and then try and try some more. Many myths have been busted by those with the curiosity to see how far they can push the boundaries. Small lowii can be obtained cheaply, so it can't hurt.

If it grows well, you get quite a few years pleasure out of it before it will need a bigger space.
    Yeah, but if you want to 'push the boundaries' you shouldn't be trying to push anything too ridiculous through (e.g. like growing villosa in 30*C nights). Or maybe, if all other conditions were perfect..... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not trying to scare him off growing nepenthes. I just suggest that he should try easier species first. I mean its funnier to have a thriving N.sanguinea or N.ventricosa then a struggeling N.lowii.
    But ok I wont say anything anymore then.
    Need all the experience I can get...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANK YOU fc3srx713b!!!!!!!! i have "tested" other varieties. ventricosa(died beacuse temps were too high I think...) a raff(died of low humidity when i first got it,before i got my terrarium[odd i know]) and sangunie(spelling?)(also died of too high of temps). I got all three for 14 bucks so it wasnt a huge loss but i think im gonna refrain from highlanders until i get another terrarium that i can suit for highlanders. Thanks to those who understand me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] (just kidding all others too)
    Glider
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123