Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just grow mine in water. Just keep the spaghnum moist to wet at all time and high humidity is a must.
    Just put it in a plastic bucket and then fill with water about 2-3 cm depending how much spaghnum you have in there.

a tip:
    You should try and use the search engine on the forum. There are a lot of topics with spahnum.
    Need all the experience I can get...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found that when I grow sphagnum in pure water, I get more of the stringy, dark green shoots than the full, lush green ones you see in the wild and in nice botanical garden displays. As long as you put your sphagnum in a terrarium, the soil won't dry out too quickly.

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well dlybrand that depends upon which species of sphagnum you are growing. I grow it like this and it gets thick and nice.
    You just need to keep it under a good light level.
    Also it grows much quicker in pure water then on peat. And you dont have to wash the sphagnum off when you are going to use it for your nepenthes.
    But as I have said on other topics about sphagnum then Glider you should some small amount in pure water and some on peat.
    Need all the experience I can get...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12