Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lowii x Truncata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol-the pitchers do stay more on the green side, probably not getting enough light.
    I grow this plant in the kitchen next to a window. With some of the cooler nights, it has been growing a little faster it seems.
    You guys have some nice plants, makes me think I need to add some light to my little guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

congratulations everyone. beautiful lowii X truncata. i would like to show you these two pics.

It looks like the peristome is becoming elliptical (egg shaped) and the lid is showing more hairs

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful plants. My new lowii x truncata is just starting to develop its first pitcher. The updated photo at exotica plants shows the mouth becomes very elongated: exotica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey i got a question for yall...how big do these hybrids get and what conditions do you grow them in?
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to Geoff, and he said his largest was like 2.5' in diameter. He said the plants should get to atleast the size of truncata, 3' . What amazes me is that he said even his largest plants don't have full "uppers" yet. I guess the pics we've been seeing are intermediates. And plus, when you consider that truncata makes its largest pichers as upper pichers, and the uppers on lowii hybrids tend to be the largest on the plant, the true uppers on this hybrid should be huge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 3'x3' area reserved for my plant. I can't wait to see what the uppers look like. The intermediate pitchers look awesome. I love the expanded mouth and peristome. It will eventually be a legendary hybrid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12