Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N. viking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is this guy is going to have the auctions pulled. If you don't get the cites papers, lol, it's YOU that risks getting a big ol' fine. Hopefully he gets back to you and gets everything in order for a good legal sale. If not, don't pay! Don't risk it! Instead just buy one from Trent at Sunbelle. He has them in this country, and they're nice.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just really like the low price tag. I had planned to just keep one, and sell the others for for $20. We'll see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't bring plants into the US with all the proper documents. Lol can tell you...it's a lot of red tape and properly filling out the forms, and oh yes, pay for the documents. If you decide to skip the proper documentation, then be forewarned that if US customs finds your order coming thru, they will destroy the plants without contacting you. Your improper order will just disappear.

Also, the plants on ebay are not the size of the plant pictured. They are small rhizome cuttings and very touchy about transporting.
    Thanks for the plug, Capslock. We are doing everything to bring Vikings to folks here in the USA., and to get the prices reasonable, but they aren't cheap, and it takes time to re-establish the plants into cultivation. Luckily, we are in a good place for lowlanders, and Vikings seem to like our place! I don't want to overstep myself here in the commercial arena...we just passed our annual Nematode inspection so we are California Certified.
    Folks can always PM us. For cultural questions and discussion, post them here or start a thread. I'm sure many Nep-o-philes are interested.

Trent and Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly off-topic, but I thought N. Viking had been formally described and named as Nepenthes globosa or did I dream that? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Cheers
    Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could only ask everybody to wait just a little bit and you will have viking plants available worldwide at reasonable prices and without too many documents.
    They're very easy to grow, let's just wait a few more months, and you'll be able to buy millions of plants through affordable, legal and honest sources, I'll give my help through Borneo Exotics and Wistuba, as soon as I get some material, and they will spread the plants very easily in Europe and the rest of the world. And Trent in the US seems to be quite near to put his specimens for sale as well...

"Viking" just grows on one island, and after the tsunami, ...you know...So please wait and don't give your contribute to the illegal collection of the plant in nature.

About the name, Amori, I hoped that was a surprise, but probably Kurata didn't keep it too secret... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Marcello

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amori,
    I guessed that to be the name. Marcello said it was a simple, descriptive latin name but would not divulge until Kurata published. We had a little guessing game going on one of the other threads. I guessed N. globosa-simple latin very descriptive of the pitcher. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is viking a hybrid, cultivar or awaiting species approval??
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

neofarm  201/501 M.2 Klongthanon Saimai Bangkok Thailand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All folks,
    As true Vikings appear to be very fantastic and amazingly diverse in form , colors, shape . I try to select the very best quality and made them legally affordable . Now my TC Vikings and seedings grow up quite healthy enough to supply the markets . Please don't support the smuggled plants. The baby Vikings would cost no more than 8 US $
    Nong Thailand

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast