Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N. viking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not if you arrange to have the box filled with rich colombian coffee instead of foam peanuts. (Typically the dogs are trained not to alert people of smells like this. It's how cocaine is smuggled.)

-D. Lybrand

BTW- that was a joke. I'm not suggesting people try this, and it probably wouldn't work anyway.
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CITES permits seem to work pretty well. Drink the coffee instead. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (dlybrand @ Jan. 12 2006,9:01)]Not if you arrange to have the box filled with rich colombian coffee instead of foam peanuts. (Typically the dogs are trained not to alert people of smells like this. It's how cocaine is smuggled.)
    How did you... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

If its that easy to find out the officials would probably have gotten a hold of it by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't work. I'm one of those officials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this from experience? I've never heard of anyone actually trying to smuggle nepenthes in using this method. I think it's just cocaine from Colombia.

-D. Lybrand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this from experience? I've never heard of anyone actually trying to smuggle nepenthes in using this method. I think it's just cocaine from Colombia.

-D. Lybrand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-D. Lybrand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen coffee used personally(I prefer proper paperwork), but my two cents worth is to buy from reputable dealers when doing overseas.
    In my case, I was awaiting my stickers to arrive(they forgot to send them with my permit) and I was buying some large red sanguinea and some ramispina from somebody who I made contact with in Malaysia.
    I foolishly paid before sending the paperwork, and the person mailed the plants and lied aout the contents(labled as "children's toys").
    There was a insect in the box too, and they were destroyed. I got visited by the USDA, showed them my paperwork, and thought all was good.
    I ended up getting fined $2500. I ordered them, and even though the seller failed on his part, since I ordered them, I was a "smuggler."
    I don't mind telling this story once in a while, if it will help others to learn.

Cheers,

Joe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast