What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.anamensis or N.kampotiana

I hope you guys can help me. I bought a N.anamensis from Wistuba about 6 months ago.
But I dont know if its for sure N.anamensis because on the pictures I have seen of Anamensis the pitchers is purplish.
Though my plant from Wistuba aint purplish at all. It looks exactly like this one. (hope you dont mind Trent)

http://www.sunbelleexotics.com/Sunbelle/Photo_neps_kampotiana.htm

The taxonomy of Indochinese Nepenthes is a topic of much debate and speculation, as past work has been haphazard and poor. Have a look at: Marcello's website

No problem, Tyfone.
There appears to be quite a bit of variation amongst the different forms of Neps found in the region. Even within anamensis there is variation of size, shape and color. Our kampotiana has been id'ed as looking identical to the form originating in the Kampot area of Cambodia at the base of the Elephant Mountains, not far from the Vietnam border.
Our plant also looks very, very similar to some seedlings Marcello is raising from seed collected on Phu Kradung in eastern Thailand.

Back