User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Repotting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Nep that I rescued from Home Depot about 6 months ago and it's starting to outgrow its pot. There's actually about 3 plants growing in the 3 inch pot, and I'm wondering if I should just repot them all into one of the new 5 inch plastic pots I just bought. I sure did say the word 'pot' a lot in the past few sentences. Dang.

I'm not really sure if this little guy needs to be moved out of his current home. I'm wondering if there's a general rule as far as Nep repotting goes. When is it a good time to repot?

P.S. If I talk anymore about repotting, everyone on this forum has permission to ban me forever. And ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well once your neps have acclimated to its surroundings (which it already has apperently) you can repot it
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]well once your neps have acclimated to its surroundings (which it already has apperently) you can repot it
    Agreed.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I should rephrase the question: How big does a Nep have to get before it's smart to repot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really depends on the species and the potting medium. Some species like lowland truncata can grow into large plants happily in small plants as they have a relatively small root system. Same goes for ramispina. Others like maxima for example have roots that will quickly fill its pot.
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com