Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nepenthes of the Week #1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tony. Thanks for clearing things up a bit! I said that Jebb & Cheek listed it as its own species based on what is posted on the CP Jungle website. It didn't mention that junghuhnii was listed as an exception to Jebb & Cheek's (on which the list is based) but I guess that info is outdated.

Unfortunately I do not have access to any comprehensive published species listings for Nepenthes, so I have to go with what I find on the internet. But of course, that's why I posted this!

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (dlybrand @ Jan. 19 2006,6:58)]Unfortunately I do not have access to any comprehensive published species listings for Nepenthes, so I have to go with what I find on the internet. But of course, that's why I posted this!
    The most comprehensive (and authoritative) listing of Nepenthes is the ICPS Carnivorous Plant Database.
    http://www.omnisterra.com/bot/cp_home.cgi
    Simply type in: Nepenthes. There are several options on that page: All Names; Only Accepted Names; Only Cultivar Names.

One might quibble with some of Jan's taxonomic decisions, but it is the culture of taxonomists to argue over classifications.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I've been to that site before, but only knew you could look up species. Maybe I should have read the instructions...

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danser thought 'junghuhnii' might be a natural hybrid of singalana and sanguinea (but as sanguinea's never been found in Sumatra that theory's now thought a non-runner).
    Gives you some idea what it must look like, though....
    T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12